Tweets by ProFouad1 Career and Jobs: Good Reasons to Study in London

Monday, July 17, 2017

Good Reasons to Study in London

Would you like to study in London but you have not yet taken the plunge? To motivate you, a survey at Hult International Business School was conducted, during the open days, and met with students and prospective students. Here is a taste of London's linguistic adventure.
Good Reasons to Study in London

By Sarah Abid

London, a vibrant and cosmopolitan city is a popular destination for young people. Its prestigious universities and schools are renowned worldwide and are highly acclaimed by students. Maria, Inés, Nadia and Mohammad share their experiences. Let's Go!


Improve or perfect your English


The best way to learn or perfect your English is to practice the language regularly with the natives or to take classes: "When I arrived in London, my English level was bad, I knew a little writing but I was not at ease in speaking. I am from Austria, and my national language is italian. I have been taking English lessons for 4 months to integrate Hult Business School and speaking with my classmates, I progress from day to day. Moreover, by listening to my teachers, my brain adapts progressively to the language and I learn faster. All the more so because my goal is to be bilingual, especially to work abroad", says Maria M.

Discovering a new culture


Studying in London is a good opportunity to experience English culture, new ways of eating and living. "I really appreciate British cuisine and traditions. London's culture is rich and unique, with magnificent historical monuments. I am native of Spain and we are very sociable, which is why I also like to meet new people. The English are very polite and open-minded, it is pretty cool!", Says Inés A, a future management student at Hult International Business School.

Become independent


Leaving family is often very hard for students. However, the experience is not only enriching, it also allows you to gain independence. "I am originally from UAE, and honestly when I came to London, the first two months were hard, the fact to live alone has allowed me to acquire a certain maturity, to be more responsible and to have confidence in me. At first, I was ashamed to talk to my classmates because I did not know anyone, but over time I opened up to people, and I made a lot of friends", Says Nadia M, an entrepreneurship student at Hult International Business School.

Valuing your resume and starting an international career


An experience in London is always a plus on the resume and allows you to work internationally: "Hult does not exempt from a purely theoretical teaching, it is also 80% practical. We are obliged to do a training course in our curriculum, and the school helps us to find a company because of its many relationships. In fact, I use this experience to create contacts with influential people who will obviously serve me for my future career. In my opinion, getting a diploma in Hult will certainly make a difference in a job interview", says Mohammad R, a native of Kuwait and a student in Hult.

Living unique experience


London is a trendy city. It is characterized by its multiculturalism. Its inhabitants are warm and endearing... All share the same opinion!" Living in London is a real personal enrichment. I admire its melting pot of flavors, with restaurants from all countries and intercultural food markets. I have friends from all the world (UAE, Germany, India, Italy, Brazil, etc...) and we share our culture, our cuisine, our traditions..." admits Inés. For Mohammad, it is a human experience: "London is a big city, we meet people every day and create strong relationship  with them." and Nadia concludes: "If you succeed in adapting to this city, you will be armed to adapt to all the countries of the world. I completely adopted London. I am there, and I intend to stay there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment